BCA News: Spring 2016
BioCommunications Association to host BIOCOMM, its 86th annual conference in New Orleans, Louisana, June 20‑24, 2016
BIOCOMM 2016 is a meeting you won't want to miss! Here's 5 good reasons why and more.
BCA is thrilled with the line-up of keynote speakers, oral presentations and workshops geared to our members. Here's just a few highlights planned for a 5 day meeting of international professionals dedicated to visual communications in medicine and the life sciences.
1. EDUCATION – catered to the unique and challenging role that photographers, videographers, designers and visual communication specialist, play every day. BIOCOMM is designed to help you be the best that you can be.
2. Three KEYNOTE speakers – Al Bello from Getty Images to award winning producer, director and cinematographer Louie Schwartzberg will bookend the meeting. Matt Kloskowski, photographer, author and software instructor offers a lecture and workshop on Adobe Lightroom.
3. LEARNING topics focused on you – 3D printing mini symposium, Lightroom workshop, DSLR workshop, IVF photomicrography, scientific visualization for on-line education, location lighting, camera-less photography techniques, elements of visual design and color management. Plus a Q&A and private viewing of Wings of Life, directed by Louie Schwartzberg. It's an educational and memorable meeting you won't want to miss.
4. Engaging and fun NETWORKING opportunities – BioImage's Opening Reception and Awards, Honor's Reception and banquet and Award presentations, INFO Share, tour of the Audubon Butterfly Museum and Insectarium, and Drury's evening kick back. Attendees can report back on the amazing and long-lasting networking connections they have made. Attendees create life-long professional relationships with other professionals in the field who teach and inspire them, becoming a resource in their day to day professional careers.
5. Be informed at the BUSINESS LUNCHEON – you will have an opportunity to get your most pressing questions answered direct from the BCA Executive Committee and BCA meeting planners.
REGISTRATION fee of only $86.00 – an amazing value!
HOTEL – BCA has contracted with the Drury Inn and Suites New Orleans located in the historic Cumberland Phone Building with convenient access to the Garden District and French Quarter to be the host hotel. Our rate is $159.00 per night and includes a full hot breakfast every day, plus the kick back every day at 5PM that includes a light buffet dinner. Make your reservations at Drury Inn using Group Number 2250525
BIOCOMM 2016 is made possible by input from members, funding from the Maria Ikenberg Lindberg Trust, the Anne Shiras Pioneer Lecturer fund and coordinated by Adam Cooper, RPB, FBCA, Director of Conferences. Adam would like to thank the Executive Committee, Connie Johansen, RBP, Susanne Loomis, FBCA, and James Koephfler, FBCA for their assistance and support in locating speakers and content. Also thank you to Thomas Kryton, for preparing the necessary forms and designing and creating the meeting program and lastly, Charlene Baron, MEd, FBCA, Tom Roth, and Karen Hensley for promoting this special event.
For more details see the BIOCOMM 2016 Meeting Overview.
Watch for a wrap-up of the meeting highlights on the BCA website and future newsletter.
BCA News Submissions
The BCA News relies on submissions from the BCA membership. Articles may be sent to the BCA News Editor in care of firstname.lastname@example.org.