Visual Information Specialist
US Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services
As a Visual Information Specialist, you will use your knowledge of and experience to optimize business results and customer experience by:
- Using various desktop publishing equipment and software to publish photographic layouts for online media.
- Taking photographs in various situations such as meetings, events with senior leaders, portraits, and ceremonies.
- Evaluating the technical requirements of each project, selecting cameras, proper accessories, and supporting equipment for each assignment to produce final images that meet rigid Departmental standards of quality.
- Applying knowledge of visual arts methods, techniques, and materials in translating novel, abstract and/or multi-theme subject matter into visual designs.
- Overseeing and directing the quality and consistency of production for print and online visual information products.
- Creating and managing images for digital signage systems and asset management.
- Coordinating requirements for various projects with senior leaders, editors, producers, writers, and photographers.
- For outsourced material, the incumbent must be fully knowledgeable of the technical characteristics of reproduction processes to judge the reproduction quality.
- Acting as a mentor to media and public affairs staff to better understand, use, and evaluate the best use of media to better achieve client and target population outcomes.
- Planning the production daily and weekly schedule, distributing work, creating and evaluating design plans, and evaluating layouts for content requirements.
- Exercising artistic ability in selecting backgrounds, colors, and lighting when photographing a subject that cannot be altered or changed.